Tuesday 17 April 2012


I took this photograph to try and combine the city and nature that I have photographed separately before. 

When framing this photo I included the traffic lights, pedestrians and more natural trees and grass over in a park across the road. In the foreground of this picture is the traffic light which is in on the right side of the photo. In the mid-ground are the pedestrians crossing the road and heading towards the park which leads to the background of the photo where you can see a tall and grand looking building which towers above the other buildings and leads up to the sky. 

A broad depth of field is used in this picture, all of the image is in focus due to the great amount of light let in whilst taking the photograph. 

I like the bright colours of the grass and trees contrasting with the dull grey of the road. High contrast lighting is used in this image which creates the defined lines of the branches and dark shadows. The high contrast lighting makes the photograph very clear and the lines very sharp.

This image is taken at a long distance to get all the different things I wanted to group together, the road, the man made and the nature, together. 

This photograph has helped me think of way to bring my ideas together and I will use the ideas and things I have learnt from this in my final. 

No comments:

Post a Comment