Tuesday 17 April 2012


I framed this picture with the two people either side of the camera looking out onto the city. This was to aim the viewers eye to the city and what they would see if they were to look out from that point. 

In the foreground of this image are the two people who are closest to the camera, they look out onto the city which is in the mid-ground of the photograph, further agin in the background is the sea and then the sky. 

A more narrow depth of field is used in this photograph, this made the people looking out, out of focus and the city in focus. I did this as I didn't want the people to be the main focus of the photograph, I wanted the city and what they could see to be the focal point of the image. 

There is fairly high contrasting light in this photograph, the city has lots of shadows within it, this is partly due to an effect I put over the city which enhanced all of the lines in the buildings and streets. 

The angle I took the photograph at was very high above the city floor, but on eye level with the people who are stood looking out, it gives a very wide angle of the city and lets more into the frame. 

I liked using the different effects in this image, I think the contrast between the black and white blurred people and the bright city help get across what I was going for in the picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment