Tuesday 17 April 2012


I took this photograph of the benches because I liked the way they descended down the path I also like the texture of the wood and the grain. I wanted to get a close up of the first bench and still have the line of benches in the background so I placed my camera just by the arm of the bench to get different ranges on size in the frame. 

In the foreground of the picture is the arm of the bench this is out of focus and leads on to the rest of the bench which is in the mid-ground and this is in focus. In the background are the other benches decreasing in size as the get further into the distance. There is a fairly broad depth of field in this image as the majority of the picture is in focus. It is just the arm of the bench in the foreground which is out of focus, this draws your eye further down the picture to the rest of the benches and the trees that grow above them. 

There is high contrast lighting in this photograph, there was a lot of natural sunlight when this photo was taken, this created strong shadows. I did edit the photo to black and white and also I enhanced the shadows and highlights which were already there but looked much clearer after editing. 

The photograph is high quality, on the main part of the bench the grain of the wood and where it has decayed are clear. I added an effect to this image which created vertical lines over the image and give it a grainy effect which I thought would enhance the grain of the wooden bench. 

This photograph turned out quite well, but I think the cold feeling it has is not quite what I would want in my final. 

No comments:

Post a Comment