Tuesday 17 April 2012


This photograph I took of the daffodils in the sunlight really inspired me. I love the bright yellows and the darkness of the buildings behind. 

I wanted to capture the angle of the hill and also the outline of the castle buildings behind. I took a long shot to include all of these elements in the photograph. In the foreground of this picture are the daffodils on the hill, then in the mid-ground are some trees which are on the hill and lead on to the sharp outline of the castle behind in the background of the picture. 

A very broad depth of field is used in this picture, I wanted to have the whole picture in focus as I liked the clean edges and outlines that are in this picture. High contrast lighting is used in the picture, there is a very high contrast between the blacked out castle which is only an out line to the bright sky and the colouful flowers. 

I like idea of using the bright flowers in contrast with dark outlines and I think this will be something I will take into consideration when photographing my final. 


No comments:

Post a Comment